Aug 29, 2011
Aug 25, 2011
Aug 24, 2011
Aug 22, 2011
Summer is definitely fading away. A change of seasons was due though, for the changes we have all experienced this past few months. The hot summer sun is a little bit less scorching, and the cool breezes come more often, smelling like crisp grass and campfires. The mosquitos aren't nearly as bad.
Khaki pleated tulip skirt (Calvin Klein $16), white ruched sheer tank (Dynamite $10), silver chain (Gramma's, vintage silver) with anchor pendant (from Hilary). Not sure about the vintage Armani blazer .. I think they beige may not be different enough from the colour of the skirt.
Pink oxford flats ($30 Joneve).
Black ruffled mini (Dynamite $15), grey pearl sweater (KP's closet). Red patent leather mary-jane stilettos (Joneve).
Black ruffled mini (Dynamite), grey cotton blouse (KP's from Old Navy), black peep-toe pumps.
Aug 10, 2011
Heaven needed a comedian up there so they took another angel. Mark was one of my high school besties and the first boyfriend I ever had who bought me flowers :) He was always a sweetheart, the biggest smile at the party, and could make anybody laugh at any time.
It's under heartbreaking circumstances that we are all together, but our old high school group has completely stuck together and it's like there was never any time or distance between us.
Aug 8, 2011
Aug 3, 2011
I made it a mission of mine to become legit in the kitchen. Which is dreaming pretty damn big seeing as a couple months ago I couldn't defrost a bagel without catching something on fire.
But I've decided this is the yummiest thing I've made lately!
Tilapia pan-seared in coconut oil with fried limes and jalapeno stuffed olives, garnished with fresh coriander and pepper.
Other successful recipes of mine have been:
- Butternut squash and broccoli all chopped up and sauteed with pine nuts with a bit of goat cheese sprinkled on top.
- Homemade baba ganoush: BBQ'd eggplant, blended with 5 cloves of garlic (yeah it burns!), cumin, paprika, onion, sesame seeds, parsley and olive oil. Served hot with fresh celery! Noms.
- Spaghetti zucchini: Literally zucchini chopped up in the shape of spaghetti noodles, dried out for a few hours then sauteed, served with fresh tomato sauce, black olives and extra smelly old parmesan.
- Cucumber, tomato and celery salad with chopped strawberries, walnut and goat cheese and a basic balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing.
- An egg over easy with sliced avocado and vegemite on a piece of toast (yep I can successfully toast bread now!)
Aug 2, 2011
Orange Aztec floral print pleated skirt ($10 Costa Blanca), navy blue 3/4 length sleeve sweater (Gap).
White maxi dress (Dotti - free from Kat), studded belt (Dynamite $20).
Grey costa Blanca tank, brown pinstriped bermuda shorts, studded cuff bracelet, mauve chiffon braided chain necklace (Lovisa).
Flowers from Boyfriend. Awhh.
Watching a doco "Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" such a crazy, hypersexual, misogynistic culture. Quite interesting though, they seem super traditional and chaste, but the girls dress/dance and appear sooooo trashy, and the men are quite violent towards the women. There's also virtually no education in the communities, especially not for girls.
In other news SHARK WEEK is so soon.