Mar 20, 2011

Infant Sorrow




This past week we had St. Patrick's Day. It was actually kind of a bust. We left for the bar sooo early, arrived there by 7, had a pizza, drank a couple beers and danced a bit. After two hours I was ready to kill myself with boredom, and the club was also stupidly packed, I was getting pretty sick of being stepped on, spilled on, and bumped into. So I went home with E and M and then talked to boy on the phone, watched a movie and went to bed.
Went out this weekend to the Lucky Coq in Melbourne, on Chapel Street. It was an amazing club, seedy as, and was really great. Red lighting, decapitated mannequin heads, couches, 2 bars, an amazing terrace that was opened right onto the dance floor, with fairy lights and lanterns and ferns and everything. It was very cool and we stayed until the bar closed. Then onto Maccas .. best McChicken I've ever had in my life. And finally made it home by 5am.
Before the Lucky Coq, F, K and I went to F's mom's house in Moe. It was so fun, it took an hour and a half to drive there, which was a lovely road trip, then F's mom set us a whole little tea party, we had wine, and then sat on the front porch and chatted all afternoon. It was perfect and gave me a pseudo mommy-fix, since I've been missing mine and could really use a Mummy right now when I've got these big life changes ahead.
Anyways, all in all it was a lovely weekend. And next weekend is wakeboarding camp. <3

2 comments: