Oct 4, 2011

Sea of Sand




I don't think I have ever been to a desert. I'm so desperate to go though, when I was 14 I watched The Doors movie with Val Kilmer, and ever since I have had this longing to go and be crazy in the desert.
One of my favourite books, "The Glass Castle" by Jeanette Walls has some great desert descriptions, Walls' parents are totally in love with the desolate, mad desert, and all the adventure and endless opportunity for living off the grid and finding god in a speck of sand. It seems intense and spiritual and fucking crazzzaaaaayyyyy. I mean scorpions people. And cactus! And oasis' and tiny little brilliant bits of life that no one ever meets or acknowledges like we do the one ant that we see crawling over our toe in the backyard.

Great music video and one of the best songs ever: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero's "Home". I know it's cliche and overused but I still love this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHEOF_rcND8&ob=av3e


No comments:

Post a Comment